Old 30-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Perry Templeton

Default Keeping dogs from digging in garden.

"And give the dogs someplace else where they *can* dig."

They can dig just about anywhere. I don't have a problem with that. In
fact I think it's funny as to what provokes them to dig "here" or "there" or
anywhere for the that matter. Is it just fun? Do they smell some morsel or
tidbit that's bound to taste good, if they can only dig to China to get to
it?
I had some Doggie Deterrent that I used in the front yard to discourage a
neighbor's dog from crapping in my flower bed (attached via a leash to the
brain dead owner). But the container instructions advised to not use on
food plants.
Perry

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Perry Templeton wrote:

What can I do to keep dogs from digging in small sandy dirt garden?

That's
safe enough for the dogs and the edible plants...
Perry

Electric fence charger, a few little posts and insulators, and some
electric fence tape or aluminized wire. Here's a model I can recommend:

Or look for a battery powered electromechanical one, cuz they don't
shock so hard. You should be able to find one at Tractor Supply.

The dogs will hit it one time and be afraid to go near it again for a
day or two, then they will get over the fear and go right up close to it
again but won't cross it. You won't even have to leave it hooked up all
the time.

And give the dogs someplace else where they *can* dig.

Best regards,
Bob