Old 30-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Kurt

Default Gas Grills -- No longer use briquets ??

In article ,
(Chet Hayes) wrote:

Richard J Kinch wrote in message
James Nipper writes:

For many years, I
used a gas grill from Sears (small grill, low-cost) that used
briquets that heated up and helped with the cooking.

Briquets were baloney to make people think a gas grill would work like a
charcoal broiler. The temperatures, radiation, and distribution are quite
different. Probably a health hazard to be putting all those particulates
of silica and alumina from "lava" rocks into your lungs, besides. Good
riddance.

I've used both types and now have the Weber bar system. The bars
definitely reduce flare ups significantly, because the grease has no
place to lay on and accumulate. As for flavor, I'm not sure I notice
any difference between ceramic bricks and the bars. I'd have to try
them side by side. Real charcoal does add to the flavor, but that's
another story.

You can also get one of the cast iron boxes and wood chips to add to
any grill that will add flavor while cooking.

The Webers have that box that fits on the side of the grill to put
soaked mesquite chips in. My 10 year old Genesis is hands-down, the best
outdoor grill I've ever used for cooking.

--
To reply by email, replace the word "space" with "renault"