Old 01-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Bill Oliver

Default Bush and his religion?

In article z5EEc.5646$Oq2.4896@attbi_s52, John Watson wrote:
"Bill Oliver" wrote in message

My falsehood? It's a biblical quote that I have no interest in altering,
editing or lying about.

It's in the bible (God's reveled word) which seems to mean something
different to each Protestant Christian cult depending on their agenda.

If we can keep this discussion civil we won't bore the readers to death.

A parable is just a story used to illustrate a lesson. It conveys its
meaning by using a comparison analogy. Jesus used a parable to order his
minions to murder the Jews. The results have been horrible, bloodthirsty,
beyond the wildest imagination.

Good. At least you are at the point where you recognize that it
was just a story, and that Jesus, in his allegory was not
speaking literally. Nice first step.

So, let's look at your fanciful interpretation of this. Since you
claim that your interpretation represents Christian thought, and
what Jesus "really" meant (an odd claim for someone who doesn't
actually believe that he said anything at all), then you should
have no problem showing that your interpretation of this allegorical
tale does, in fact, represent the thinking as you claim.

Please feel free to show any modern mainstream theologian who
agrees with your interpretation. After all, it doesn't matter
what *you* believe it means -- since you are pretending that
it represents what *Christians* believe, you should be able
to document that.

I await your sources. Here, since we are talking about
Protestants, I'll give you a list:

Please provide a mainstream Baptist theologian who interprets it the
way you pretend:

Please provide a mainstream Lutheran:

Please provide a mainstream Methodist:

Please provide a mainstream Anglican:

Please provide a mainsream Presbyterian:

Go ahead.

billo