Old 01-07-2004, 01:03 AM
susieq

Default Bonsai mix - source for organic component(s)

John,
One suggestion would be for you to purchase enough stuff to get the
best discounts on components, mix it up and sell what you don't
use...... I had been working with a man who taught as well as grew
bonsai, who slowly evolved into selling tools, pots, soil, wire, pre
bonsai and bonsai....he started going to several conventions a year. I
had worked with him for close to 9 years. He passed a way a couple of
months ago. His widow asked me if I wanted to buy the sifter. (he
had built a machine that sifted, using an electric motor). At first,
I said no, I didn't want to get into that. But then I thought it over
and said yes.

I did it because if I didn't buy it, I would be at the mercy of who
ever did buy it. I did it to make sure I always have soil, and what
ever I don't need for my own use, I will sell. His widow is including
all the sorces for material, as well as the recipe. One of the other
students said he would help out anytime I needed it.
I still dread the thought of it, but there are a large number of
bonsai folk in the area and if I make it, they will come........ If
you make it, they will come. Teacher sold it in "sandbags". They
hold about a 5 gal bucket full and that amount went for $15. It was
stored in large plastic garbage cans once it was mixed. My
understanding is that at that price, he did quite well with it and it
was in great demand.... Just a suggestion.
Regards, susieq

--
susieq
susieq's Profile: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/member.p...nfo&userid=810