Old 28-01-2003, 05:43 PM
Howard

Default Pond Liner vs. Roof Liner

I have used both. No problems.

I have only heard the warning regarding the roofing material.
I have never heard where someone had a problem with it.
Then again we do not worry about mildue on our roofs in Colorado.
So it may depend on where you live. Your quest for a general
answer may be faulty in that the answer may be regional.

If you have doubts check with the local roofer supply and ask if
they have had people use it in ponds. The get the id of the maker
and check out what they have to say. If they say it is safe then
great. If they say it is not aproved for ponds then you need to
check further in that they may want to sell more expensive pond
grade liner which may or may not be the same stuff at a higher
price. Perhaps that last sentance was a might too long.

Howard

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...
I have heard talk that roofing EPDM is the same as pond liner. I have also
heard people say it can have "toxic" chemicals on it that can kill fish. I
was hoping I could take an informal survey.

If you have a flexible liner pond...

1. Did you use
A) pond liner
B) roof liner

2. If you answer B to question 1, did your fish die?

BV.