Old 01-07-2004, 02:19 AM
Steve

Default Lawn Problems

Thanks for all the response ......
In answer to some of the questions asked .....

I believe the guys who put down the turf did a good job .... they lifted the
old lawn .... broke up the soil .... added some sand .... and leveled. I'm
not sure about any added fertilizer ...

No the lawn was not built on a building plot ....

Thanks again for the responses

Steve ...

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi all,

I think I am looking for a bit of advice really .....

I had a lawn turfed approximately 18 months ago ... This was carried out
"proffessionally" with what I believe was a good quality turf supplied by

national supplier.

The problem is I am not happy with the condition of the lawn. It grows

very
slowly ( I could leave it 3 weeks before it needs a cut ) and then not all
of the lawn. It is patchy .... Yellow and a darker brown in places ...all

in
all, not the lawn I had hoped for....Or paid for ...!!!

Reading this group I see that many people have problems with their lawns
this year as a result of last year's hot summer. Those of you who have
problems are you having similar problems to that which I have described -

am sorry but descriptions are very hard to put across what I have - I do
believe you cannot post pictures to theis group.

I am almost ready to take the decision to pull up the turf and prepare the
soil and sow with a good quality seed. ( Late August ). or should I give

the
lawn as is more time.
The lawn is fed, mowed and watered to what I belive to be "text book

style".

I would be greatful for any comments or advice ....

Thank you

Steve
In Lancaster