Old 01-07-2004, 03:03 AM
John Watson

Default Bush and his religion?

"Bill Oliver" wrote in message
In article z5EEc.5646$Oq2.4896@attbi_s52, John Watson
wrote:
"Bill Oliver" wrote in message

My falsehood? It's a biblical quote that I have no interest in altering,
editing or lying about.

It's in the bible (God's reveled word) which seems to mean something
different to each Protestant Christian cult depending on their agenda.

If we can keep this discussion civil we won't bore the readers to death.

A parable is just a story used to illustrate a lesson. It conveys its
meaning by using a comparison analogy. Jesus used a parable to order his
minions to murder the Jews. The results have been horrible, bloodthirsty,
beyond the wildest imagination.

Good. At least you are at the point where you recognize that it
was just a story, and that Jesus, in his allegory was not
speaking literally. Nice first step.

Why are Christians always so arrogant, cocky and just plain nasty to people
who don't accept their fairy tale as fact?

Well I'm not going to play your little game, you don't make the rules.

The fact of the matter is that passage was used by Christians to murder
millions of innocent men, women and children.

Putting the burden of proof on me to show that mainstream Protestants didn't
endorse it, doesn't change the fact that it did happen.

You are probably a Baptist with an agenda that includes bashing Catholics
and will probably try to blame them for all of the Christian atrocities.

A Christian is a Christian is a Christian, I don't care which cult they
identify with or endorse.

Your dead-man "God" also said:
Luke 14:
25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto
them,
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my
disciple

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his
creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who
is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the
individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such
thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism".

Albert Einstein

"A man is accepted into church for what he believes -- and turned out for
what he knows.".

Mark Twain

John