Old 29-01-2003, 04:27 AM
jammer

Default Fish Disappearing...any ideas??

Any way you can set up a night time camera?

On 28 Jan 2003 20:00:18 GMT, (FIRE224U) wrote:

Hello, i have lost 3 , 5-6" goldfish in the last 2 weeks. When it started i
found one, a calico, up stream in one of my catch ponds near my water feature,
it was half out of the water,thought it was dead but started moving when i
touched it so i put it back in the pond, it seemed fine and swam around, thats
when i noticed one missing. The next day the one i put back in was missing.
Then a few days later our pure white fantail disappeared much to my 9 y/o
daughters dismay, she was highly upset as she had named her "Angel" and we've
had this fish for around 6yrs. The water is 18" deep and the pond is 5' X 7' in
an oval shape, has bushes on one side and a wooden walkway on the other. I have
not found anything disturbed in the pond or around the pond,everything is where
its suppose to be. The day i found the white one gone i noticed a 1" gash on
the body near the dorsal fin of another fish. Any idea what may be after my
fish ??? We have a part chow part golden lab thats in the back yard with the
pond but she doesn't go near it. And it seems to happen at night.I recently put
in a large stone overhang/cubby hole to hopefully help hide even they have
other places to hide. Since ive put this in they stay under it. Thanks for the
help in advance.

Scott in Louisiana

jammer