Old 06-03-2003, 09:15 PM
Polar

Default Newbie question about shade

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:46:38 GMT, Pat Meadows
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:29:05 GMT, "Timber"
wrote:

Are you home in the sunlight hours?
I have seen people plant entire gardens on wheels for just this reason.

Perhaps the trees can't go as you wish to keep them for the noise barrier
but is there any reason you can not replace them with a taller more slender
tree? More and more people are starting to plant bamboo trees (okay so it's
more like a grass that gets REAL TALL) for just this reason. They grow
thick and dense, yet straight up.

Danger, Will Robinson! Bamboo can be terribly terribly
invasive and take over huge areas seemingly in the blink of
an eye.

Some bamboos maybe not be invasive. I'm not sure whether
non-invasive bamboos exist or not.

No bamboo expert I, but I understand the "clumping" variety is less
invasive than the other kind.

--
Polar