Old 29-01-2003, 02:25 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Old aluminium roof under pond liner,good idea or not? please advise

wrote in message
I tried using old carpet. it was extremely heavy, it did not bend very

well around
curves, it did not want to stay put, kept sliding down as we put the liner

in. we
used it anyway. when the sides of the pond broke down and slid we pulled

up the
liner and the jute back was rotted and moldy and we got rid of it and went

with
totally synthetic carpet padding. Ingrid

Is the molding and rotting a problem/danger for the pond? I just want to lay
some of it down underneath, so if/when I walk in the pond to clean it or
whatever, there is something semi-soft under the liner.

BV.