Old 01-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Rodney Pont

Default UK Reccomended Ponding/water garden Online suppliers

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:02:45 +0100, Lostin1999 wrote:

was hoping to get some recommendations of good uk vendors...

I always like recommendation rather than just googling..

Particularly looking for Piping accessories at mo, but any recommendations
will be helpful.

Some places I have used:

http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/default.asp

For waste pipe and fittings:

http://www.bes.ltd.uk/nav_graf/frames_cat.htm

Other sites but not purchased from them:

http://www.angliaaquatics.com/
http://www.aquatics-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/
http://www.koicarp.net/ Very helpful in an email conversation. Good
prices for PVC pressure pipe but carriage can be a bit steep. The
Marley solvent cement from B&Q is suitable for PVC and is a bit
cheaper.
http://www.aquajac.co.uk/ Again helpful by email, I have just ordered
some beads from them. They do supply fittings and are going to put them
on their website shortly. They can supply stainless steel mesh if you
want to build your own bead filter.
http://www.evolutionaqua.com/ Manufacturers of the Nexus and Answer
filtration systems but have just started supplying PVC pressure pipe
and fittings.

I have more but I think that will do for starters :-)

A search of Google UK will bring up plenty http://www.google.co.uk/

A 40mm pushfit fitting will fit the outlet on my pumps if you want to
go for the increased flow with solid pipes, a compression fitting
should fit most outlets if you go for the correct size (40mm or 32mm).
Swept bends are better than the standard ones. See my recent post on
subject ' pumps' for info about solid pipe as opposed to flex on
water flow.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont