Old 01-07-2004, 06:04 PM
RoyDMercer

Default Gas Grills -- No longer use briquets ??

"Bob" wrote in message
news
Gas grills have their place - great for a quick job like grilling small
steaks, chicken, maybe some veggies, etc; but that is about that is about
it. There is nothing like a good (indirect fire) smoker.

"small steaks"? And you live in Texas? My steaks are 2" thick and come out
better than any steak house I've been to.

But you are right. There is nothing like meat from a good smoker. You
can't duplicate that with a grill. Each method has it's own purpose and
comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.