Old 01-07-2004, 09:02 PM
John Watson

Default Bush and his religion?

"Bill Oliver" wrote in message
In article , Blue wrote:

"John Watson" wrote in message
news:nfKEc.7736$%_6.7019@attbi_s01...

"Bill Oliver" wrote in message
Why are Christians always so arrogant, cocky and just plain nasty to

people
who don't accept their fairy tale as fact?

We all seek confirmation of our supernatural beliefs (or lack of) from
others, it is just human nature. Some just lack the strength to coexist
with others who believe they are wrong. The problem gets exquisite when
one
raises his children to "believe" and either he or they changes their mind
about that belief.

You shouldn't be so hard on John. He can't seem to help his
narrow-mindedness.

He was explaining your narrow-mindedness, not mind. G

The cockiness comes from the fact that this is a biblical country, no one
else is even allowed into federal power, so we are literally enveloped in
"confirmation."

No, the "cockiness" comes from knowing that John is lying, and knowing
that it is easy to show the lie.

Show me where I am lying, you can't, you and your Baptist agenda are both
bullshit! G

But, hey, if you want to show he
is telling the truth, please feel free to provide the examples supporting
his claim:

Hahaha, bilbo boy not wants to shift the burden of proof to Blue!

Headline: He/she is not going to play your game of shift the burden either!

"However sugarcoated and ambiguous, every form of authoritarianism must
start with a belief in some group's greater right to power, whether that
right is justified by sex, race, class, religion, or all four. However far
it may expand, the progression inevitably rests on unequal power and
airtight roles within the family."
"It's an incredible con job when you think about it, to believe something
now in exchange for something after death. Even corporations with their
reward systems don't try to make it posthumous."

Gloria Steinem

John