Old 01-07-2004, 09:06 PM
John Dhom

Default [IBC] organic component

Yeah (just mentioned this in another thread) Turface mvp is pretty small...
Turface pro is even smaller. Haven't tried other turface-like products.

/jhd

"Jim Lewis" wrote in message
Marty:

Excellent point. Maybe we do over analyze and maybe the rest of
the
equation is every bit as important.
===========

And don't forget particle size. Smaller particles hold more
water, so all-inorganic with 1/8-inch particles may not get as
dry as all inorganic with 1/4-inch particles.

Personally, I've never found a Turface-like product with 1/4-inch
particles despite all the blather about soil ranging from 1/4 to
1/8 size -- and I don't think I would use it if I did.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

****

****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: