Old 01-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Dog repellant?

Repellents cost you money and effort. If it works, the dog goes elsewhere,
which doesn't really solve the problem. When dealing with dogs, the goal
should be to not only stop the dog from bothering ANYBODY, but to give the
owner a reason to reconsider keeping the animal. Call your animal control
department and ask for suggestions. I'd offer some, but you probably don't
want the police knocking at your door wondering why they found a dog in 11
pieces in the middle of the road.

"limey" wrote in message

We're supposed to keep dogs on a leash around here, but recently someone

is
letting out their dog late at night. It keeps pulling over the trash can
and also the little can I keep outside with kitchen scraps for compost.

It
might also be the culprit which has been eating my parsley. Would anyone
have any suggestions re marauding dogs? I'm ready to dump red pepper in

the
compost can.

Dora