Old 02-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Helene

Default Drowning houseplant

Hello again, asshole.

For your information, I do have pets and they are very healthy. I also
have several other plants that are thriving. My plant is far from
beign tormented. It's just a plant.

You, on the other hand, must be really frustrated with your life to be
this insensitive. You seriously need to get laid.

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message m...
Like I said, there is no way this person is going to save the plant.
Everything they did made the situation worse. They should give the plant
over to a competent person who has enough sense and experience to grow
plants without tormenting them.

I certainly hope they don't have any children or pets. Can you just imagine
what they might be going through?

"Karen" wrote in message
om...
(Helene) wrote in message

. com...
Hello,

I have a big plant (ressembling a schefelra, but it's not) that i
overwatered. What actually happened is that there were small rocks on
top of the soil and it prevented humidity to get out.

I removed the stones and placed the plant outside 2 weeks ago. It has
not been watered, except for occasionnal rain, and it's still very
much wet and drowning. The plant is losing leaves by the ton and I'm
afraid it's dying.

What can I do to save it? Will removing some of the top soil help?

Thanks.

Repot it with light soil. Drill more holes on the bottom/side. Stick a
pipe with small holes to the pot bottom. Put it in a place with good
air circulation.

Moving a house plant from inside to outside would cause leaves
dropping even with a health plant. You might have a plant with wet
feet and burned leaves.