Old 02-07-2004, 01:05 AM
Henry Flam

Default Newbie Bamboo Questions

Hi, I've just come upon this newsgroup. Does the group have a FAQ? If
there one, it probably have the answer to these questions:

1) In the courtyard of the housing co-op that I live in here in
Vancouver, B.C., bamboo is growing like mad. In the landscaping cttee
we've had discussion whether to go to the great effort to get rid of it,
or not to bother. Personally I don't mind the bamboo but the question
that I have is whether the bamboo will prevent other plants from growing
or whether it will let other plants live.

2) I see that there is a number of messages asking about propagation
of bamboo. Is there a website which has all the basic answers for those
of us who are starting at the bamboo business?