Old 02-07-2004, 01:05 AM

Default Hlep

high temp requires serious aeration
the depth is not suitable for stability if the temp swings wildly it will kill GF
pH is fine
major problem is you are way overstocked. figure 20-30 gallons of water per GF
1. start doing large water changes, like 50 gallons
2. get an air pump and 2 large air stones
3. add a pound of crystal salt... that is rock salt for water softeners or kosher
salt, no additives. that will help the survivors throw off whatever

if you got birds bathing in the pond they are bringing diseases in.. but I think your
major problem is overstocking.. you dont say what kind of filter you got going on
there. Ingrid

"Pond Diver" wrote:
My pond is in full sun and can get quite warm above 80F easy.
string algae that started to grow dropped deader than a hammer as well!!!!
Any ideas? Can temp cause a high pH level? Should I make my pond deeper
because its in full sun and can get quite warm? The current depth is 18-24
inches and approx 250gal. I had about 20 goldfish averaging 3-6 inches in
length. I'm down to about 8 and they're moaping around like the grim reaper
is on their shoulders.

Help!!

PondDiver

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List