Old 02-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Sunflower

Default Dog repellant?

"limey" wrote in message

We're supposed to keep dogs on a leash around here, but recently someone

is
letting out their dog late at night. It keeps pulling over the trash can
and also the little can I keep outside with kitchen scraps for compost.

It
might also be the culprit which has been eating my parsley. Would anyone
have any suggestions re marauding dogs? I'm ready to dump red pepper in

the
compost can.

Dora

Capture the dog and call the owner if it has a collar with the name on it
and animal control if it doesn't. AC probably doesn't work the night shift
and you'll have to hold it in the garage until the a.m., but that's the
surefire way of keeping it out of your garbage. And, hopefully the owner
will learn a lesson. You can always tell the owner that you were concerned
about the dog's safety re getting hit by a car or ingesting some poison from
a neighbor that doesn't want him turning over the trash. Even the densest
person should get the hint, and if they don't, the fine they pay when they
pick their dog up from the pound ought to teach their pocketbook.