Old 02-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Dustin

Default neem oil

I found some last night at Lowes. It was made by Green Light. Says BT
worm killer on the bottle. Its a liquid though, not a powder.

I sprayed with it this morning.

Dustin

Rob Halgren wrote:

Dewitt wrote:

For caterpillars, nothing beats BT (bacillus thurengensis) and it's
completely harmless to frogs, lizards, and most insects. It should be
available at any garden store. Just tell them you need BT for
caterpillars.

deg

I don't suppose anybody can tell me where to get Bt... I can't seem
to find it anymore around here. I swear I bought some a few years ago,
but I'm out now. I've tried Home Despot, Franks, and some of the other
more likely candidates. They all look at me like I have antennae
growing out of my head (and they aren't supposed to be able to see
those...).

I've found Bacillus popillae (in _big_ bags - that is the milky
spore you put on your lawn for grubs), but that is as close as I get.
Well, that isn't true, I can also find Bt. dunk rings for ponds. But
not the powdered stuff.

Rob