Old 02-07-2004, 07:03 AM
J Fortuna

Default red new leaf on Phal?

One of my Phals has a new leaf that is almost completely bright red (I can't
see any green on it). This leaf is still fairly small, so I assume/hope it
will turn green when it grows larger. This Phal is in a rather shady place
(it may be getting a little too little light). This plant lost a couple
leaves earlier this year, and then grew this one new red leaf. Any ideas on
what I could do to encourage it to grow a green leaf? Any ideas on what may
have caused this leaf to be red?

Thanks,
Joanna

P.S.: Currently this seems to be the most problematic thing that any of my
orchids is experiencing. Other than this all of them seem to be doing
exceedingly well. :-)