Old 02-07-2004, 08:02 AM
The Watcher

Default @#$%$##@ Hornworms!!!!

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 00:34:02 -0500, Katra wrote:

(snip)
Now that would be nice! lol Those worms are so well hidden, they are
hard to spot even when active at night! :-P

I've noticed some people seem to have more trouble spotting them than others. My
wife can't spot a hornworm even if it's munching on the tomato right in front of
her. I usually go out every morning and try to check the vines for fresh damage.
When I find some damage it usually doesn't take me too long to find the culprit.
If you catch them when they're small they don't usually do too much damage, but
one of those big ones can do a LOT of damage in one night.
My ducks love hornworms, but the chickens and guineas don't care for them once
they get bigger than about an inch.