Old 02-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Mike

Default Identifying plants

"Bob Smith" wrote in message
Hi,

I don't really like asking "what's this" all the time, so is there a

website
or piece of software for me to identify things myself?

Bob

I would suggest a few good books. On our shelf we have amongst others

The Complete British Wildlife. - Collins
The Macmillan Guide to Birds of Britain and Europe
The AA book to the British Countryside
and the RHS Encyclopaedia of Plants and Flowers

plus lots of other books including the series 'The Gardening Expert', books
on building gardens and garden themes such as Cottage Garden, Water features
etc.

The trouble with a web site is that you cannot take it out into the garden
to compare with what you have growing or to answer a neighbours questions,
you can with a book

Hope that helps

Mike