Old 02-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Garden waste recycled as compost by local councils

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Tumbleweed
writes

my council composts garden waste and makes it available for free at

the
local dump.

Amersham council sell their and not too cheaply wither! Mind you,

seeing
what people put in the compost I wouldn't want any. I can't believe

that
ground elder and bindweed will be killed by simple composting and

what
about the odd chunk of Japanese knotweed that some new gardener

might
not recognise?

Nothing survives an well executed composting process My Council
jollop looks as near to perfectly composted material as I have ever
seen. Time will tell if it only looks good, or if it actually
benefits the garden.

Franz