Old 02-07-2004, 08:10 AM
sarah

Default Dwarf french beans, easy?

wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:59:28 +0100, (sarah)

Are dwarf french beans easy to grow. I have never grown them before.
They were easy to germinate and now some are in pots and others in
big raised beds. Any tips for a really good crop?

um. Enjoy what you get this year, and next year plant climbing French
beans? ;-)) Honestly, I grew both last year (Cobra climbing, the
dwarves were a gift) and the climbing beans cropped far more heavily and
over a longer period. The friend who gave me the dwarves was so
impressed she's switched to climbers this year!

Thanks to all. I will grow Blue Coco next year. Green veg from the
garden is a good idea here (Manchester) at the moment because,
although we two have always eaten well I am now feeding a son who has
had a bad time but who eats very well indeed, especially vegetables.
He even drinks the water (half a beaker) that I cook the cabbage
in since I told him it can cure ulcers - he had one that burst. Yes,
I know, I do prattle on a bit.

Never mind, that's what usenet is for[1]. Best of luck to you all!

regards
sarah

[1] I know that technically only the 'big 8' are usenet, but life's too
short.

--
NB. Note change of *usenet* email address:
'amitiel.demon.do.uk' will soon cease to function.