Old 02-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Brian

Default Identifying plants

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Just Molly" wrote in message
news:e0TEc.38$JG6.13@newsfe4-gui...

"Bob Smith" wrote in message
Hi,

I don't really like asking "what's this" all the time, so is there

website
or piece of software for me to identify things myself?

Bob

i swear by my RHS enyclopadia of plants and flowers.

It is good if you know a name and you want to see what it looks like.
If you've seen the plant but don't know the name. it is hard work
identifying it from the Encyclopedia.

Franz
_________

I agree with Franz. The very best texts for identifying wild
plants use a comprehensive key and very few illustrations. No cultivated
flower key seems to exist. The more comprehensive the encyclopaedia then the
greater effort involved, if it is identity needed.
Brian.