Old 02-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Kay

Default Identifying plants

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"Just Molly" wrote in message
news:e0TEc.38$JG6.13@newsfe4-gui...

"Bob Smith" wrote in message
Hi,

I don't really like asking "what's this" all the time, so is there

website
or piece of software for me to identify things myself?

Bob

i swear by my RHS enyclopadia of plants and flowers.

It is good if you know a name and you want to see what it looks like.
If you've seen the plant but don't know the name. it is hard work
identifying it from the Encyclopedia.

the encyclopaedia is better than the A-Z for identification becuase it
groups according to growth (tree, shrub etc) then within that by season
and colour.

Otoh the A-Z is handy when you want to look at all the species of a
genus together.
--
Kay