Old 02-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Jeannie

Default Feeding Veg

" Jeanne Stockdale" wrote in message
Our main veg patch has and is being very successful - due I am sure to the
amount of manure and compost which has been dug into it over the past

couple
of years.

A couple of months ago we rotavated a strip in our adjoining field to

enable
us to extend our range of veg. Courgettes (which we had grown from seed in
the greenhouse) are doing fine - having been planted with lots of compost.
But the seeds we sowed - broad beans, french beans, carrots and

sweetcorn -
and "thinnings" of cabbages and cauliflowers are not doing so well.

I am sure they need some sort of feed but not sure what. Hubby scattered
chicken manure pellets around but that doesn't seem to have helped.

Any suggestions?

Jeanne Stockdale

Feed beans with a solution of 2 tbsp Epsom Salts dissolved in a full
watering can. Make some nettle or comfrey brew for the rest, sweetcorn and
brussels especially respond to that, but most plants will benefit from
feeding with it.

Jeannie

---