Old 02-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Frank Logullo

Default Dog repellant?

"Tyler Hopper" wrote in message

"Frank Logullo" wrote in message

Seriously, if you don't mind spending a few $, sportsmen suppliers like
Cabelas sell cameras for photographing game at night.
Also if raccoon or possum and you can trap, I'd buy the largest

Hav-a-hart.
I'm working on a large raccoon and smaller trap will not fully close on

him.
Also bet the large one might take a small dog

You really don't want to screw around with a trapped and frightened 'coon.

They
can be vicious.

Absolutely right! One I caught a couple of weeks ago and posted link to
photos was a vicious little *******.
Never stopped rattling around the trap. Hav-a-hart is pretty solid but
still made me nervous driving him to park in trunk.
I released him down hill over a guard rail where he could not turn around
easily. He ran for woods. This is third raccoon I've captured and released
and other 2 were docile. Rabies is endemic here although I have not heard
of recent cases. A few years ago they had a rabid pet coon at a nearby
nature center and several that had been scratched before it was discovered
had to have the shots.
Frank