Old 02-07-2004, 05:02 PM
George Orwell

Default peppers with a problem

Woah! A whole bag of lime!! How big of a bag? Hydrated lime is quite
alkaline. Your peppers are probably in shock. If you want to mess with
adding coffee grounds and lime you should have some way to check the pH
of your soil. Should be around 6.5.

Years past they have done extremely well here. I do rotate them.

The tomatoes tomatilos beans broccoli herbs garlic flowers and berries are
all doing fine.

Yes I have been putting lots of coffee grounds from Starbucks into the

soil
this year.

Should I assume that the peppers have a problem with that?
Is it too much nitrogen? Too acidic? I also put in a whole bag of lime to
cut down the acidity. Is it the lime?
What's your guess?