Old 02-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Red Cap Goldfish----need info please!

Newbie Bill wrote:
Hi - I am still trying to find info on fancies in a pond myself. Can I ask
what temp zone you are in (8b here) - how deep is your pond and what fancies
you have. I've got a small lion head and ryunkin (3"?), a black moor and
red and white oranda both about 4".

Everything I have read has led me to make the decision not to put fancy
goldfish in my pond. Main reason for this is because they don't swim as
fast as many other fish so have disadvantages when it comes to eating
and fleeing from predators.

I do have fancy goldfish but they live in my 55 gallon indoor aquarium.
Latest acquisition - pearl scale goldfish. They look like swimming
marbles. I just stand there and laugh when I see them, they're so cute.

http://www.adelaideaquariums.com.au/...earlscale.html

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu