Old 02-07-2004, 07:02 PM
David Ross

Default How do plant a tree?

Jeff Bello wrote:

I have just bought a home and am interested in planting a tree in a
specific area for privacy. The problem is I have never planted
anything in my life and have no idea who to even go to for help or
where to "buy" a tree. Can anyone give me any pointers?

In what area are you? As some indicate, not only the variety of
tree but also the time for planting it might vary according to your
climate.

Do you want a small tree that will block views into (and out of)
your windows or a large tree that will shade your house? Is the
privacy you seek from the street, from a neighboring house, or from
a hill?

Will the tree be in your lawn, flower beds, tree well in a patio,
or what?

How much patience do you have? Can you accept a sapling and watch
it grow, or do you need a mature tree right now?

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean