Old 02-07-2004, 07:06 PM

Default Identifying plants

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:07:32 +0100, "Bob Smith" wrote:

Hi,

I don't really like asking "what's this" all the time, so is there a website
or piece of software for me to identify things myself?

Bob

If I have an idea about a possible name I have a look on the MAVICA
site where they have photos and desciptions of over 4000 plants.
Not relevant really but in the last couple of years I have grown two
perennials from un-named seeds of the HPS. I liked them both very
much. When the first one was in flower I came across it in the
gardening section of the Sunday Times magazine it was
verbena bonariensis. The next one I spotted just as I walked into the
small garden centre I use; it is erysium helveticum. Great to get a
name. Diana