Old 02-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Doug Kanter

Default compost to be used indoors

Working from ancient memory here! The book "Crockett's Victory Garden"
suggests pasteurizing it outside in a big pot, perhaps over a gas grill. Add
enough water so it doesn't burn. He says it stinks to high hell, so do it on
a day with a breeze, and away from open windows. I don't recall how long
this should take, but I'll guess and say 20 minutes from the time it starts
boiling.

"Anne" wrote in message
om...
Could anyone advise me how to prepare compost for use in the house for
indoor plants? There are bugs and flies and I would prefer not to
bring them in. Thank you.