Old 02-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Frogleg

Default ridiculousy small peppers

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:43:59 GMT, DigitalVinyl
wrote:

After my seedling disasters this year I had to buy pepper plants from
nurseries. I got a Thai dragon and two Jalapenos. All three started
producing the tiniest peppers. I just yanked ten RED cayennes. The
biggest one was about the size of the nail on my thumb!

You bought a Thai dragon and 2 jalapenos, and all three are producing
tiny Cayenne peppers? I don't understand.

If these are nursery plants, one possible explanation for smaller
peppers than you expect of whatever variety could be that they were
mislabeled. Even seeds can get mixed up, and peppers come in an
enormous range of sizes.