Old 02-07-2004, 08:02 PM
nswong

Default Use Weeds Killer to Keep Weeds Out of My Flower Garden?

"jay" wrote in message

wouldn't newspaper negate "organic".... ?
Unless you get a newspaper printed with organic ink... : )

Nowaday, most ink use for newspaper are soy based. :-)

Look at the Google search result below.

At my impression, for weeds management, mulch are mostly relate to
no-till, organic are heavy tillage with machinary. But there is
something call organic no-till, that is relied on heavy/deep mulch.
But I may be wrong. g

Regards,
Wong

--
Latitude: 06.10N Longitude: 102.17E Altitude: 5m

Google Search: mulch newspaper soy Web Images Groups
News more »

Preferences
Search: the webpages from Singapore

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 592 for mulch newspaper soy. (0.13
seconds)

Newspapers as mulch material
.... June 14, 1998. Editors note: I've asked every newspaper I ever
used
as mulch what they used as ink and they all said soy based. ...
supak.com/mort/newspapers.htm - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

Gardening - Five Must-Have Ingredients for the Organic Gardener's ...
.... most newspapers are now printed with soy-based inks ... use this
method is
to place the
newspaper or cardboard ... springtime, the weeds are dead, the mulch
has
degraded ...
www.pioneerthinking.com/tv-organictoolkit2.html - 30k - Cached -
Similar pages

Good Enough to Eat: Using paper as mulch is colored by several ...
.... The PI uses soy-based colored inks; you can call ... Typically,
they're not
printed by
the newspaper, and their ... shredded office paper or newsprint work
as a mulch?
seattlepi.nwsource.com/ nwgardens/163035_goodtoeat04.html - 21k -
Cached -
Similar pages

Marvelous Mulches | NRCS
.... organisms. Straw, shredded newspaper (soy-based ink only), and
grass
clippings are popular mulches that decompose easily. Popular ...
www.nrcs.usda.gov/feature/backyard/mrvmulch.html - 12k - Cached -
Similar pages

Newspaper Mulch/add nitrogen? . ...
.... I'd like to mention soy-ink newspaper in an article I'm writing
about mulch
and
weed control, but won't be able to if I can't address the issue of
whether ...
www.ibiblio.org/rge/archive/970828_2970.html - 4k - Cached - Similar
pages

newspaper mulch
... The use of newspaper as a mulch may or may not be "organic"
because
... Most black
ink used in most newspaper is soy based which would probably be OK
www.ibiblio.org/rge/archive/980523_9875.html - 4k - Cached - Similar
pages
[ More results from www.ibiblio.org ]

The New Homemaker: Merits of Mulching
.... kind of ink they use. Soy based newspaper inks are nontoxic, and
fine to use for mulching. Because newspaper by itself is light ...
www.newhomemaker.com/hands/garden/mulch.html - 23k - Cached - Similar
pages

Links to General Emergency Preparedness Information presented by ...
.... herb + More cake-in-a-jar recipes + Newspaper Logs + Oil ... y2k
phone tip +
Potatoes
in the mulch + Smells in ... soya grits + Solar water distilling + Soy
cakes +
Soy ...
www.instantknowledgenews.com/P134.HTM - 78k - Cached - Similar pages

How do you recycle newspaper
.... With the advent of soy and other natural inks, papers can be
utilized for
.... Another
way to recycle newspapers is in the garden, using the newspaper as
mulch. ...
utut.essortment.com/newspaperrecycl_piz.htm - 5k - Cached - Similar
pages

The Value of Mulching Plants
.... I would like this to be used. Are you interested in this? "Dear
student,
I do not use newspaper mulch unless the ink is soy ink and safe. ...
http://www.organic-growers.com/forum...Question34.htm - 5k - Cached -
Similar pages

Result Page:

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Next

Search within results | Language Tools | Search Tips |
Dissatisfied? Help
us improve

Google Home - Advertising Programs - Business Solutions - About
Google