Old 02-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Identifying plants

"Just Molly" wrote in message
news:iA0Fc.178$JG6.62@newsfe4-gui...

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Just Molly" wrote in message
news:e0TEc.38$JG6.13@newsfe4-gui...

"Bob Smith" wrote in message
Hi,

I don't really like asking "what's this" all the time, so is

there
website
or piece of software for me to identify things myself?

Bob

i swear by my RHS enyclopadia of plants and flowers.

It is good if you know a name and you want to see what it looks

like.
If you've seen the plant but don't know the name. it is hard work
identifying it from the Encyclopedia.

I don't think it is. If I see a small blue flower in late summer, I

just go
to late summer small plants and look in the blue flowered section.

Simple.

That's fine if what you are trying to identify happens to be in the
picture gallery. Unfortunately that has only a small fraction of the
plants mentioned in the A to Z.

Franz