Old 03-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Sacha

Default A plant that smells like lemon?

On 2/7/04 19:52, in article ,
"ChrisC" ChrisC wrote:

Hi there,

I have a plant that leaves smell like lemon. Not sure what it's
called. Actually thats a secondary question. What I would actually
like to know is can you take cuttings from this plant? I have chopped
off a branch just below a node and scraped at it, in the hope that it
will root.

Lippia citrodora to many of us, now known as Aloysia triphylla (which I
never remember).
And yes, it can be propagated by soft wood cuttings.
A leaf or two can be placed in the bottom of a cake tin to flavour a sponge,
some people dry it and crumble it into the bath or put it in little cotton
bags to place in the linen cupboard etc.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds after garden to email me)