Old 03-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Bill R

Default peppers with a problem

Mark Anderson wrote:
In article says...

My peppers are just sitting there.

Years past they have done extremely well here. I do rotate them.

In my rather limited experience, peppers are a fickle plant. I have 5
growing in containers, 3 of which are chili peppers, all planted from
seedlings at the same time. The largest chili pepper is three times the
size of the smallest. They're in the same container using the same soil
all taken care of identically. This happened last year as well.

I grow Peppers every year and yes, they can be fickled.
They do best (for me) during really hot, dry summers. I've
tried to grow them in various areas of my garden and found
that they do their best when planted in front of a (painted)
white (south facing) wall. I have grown some in containers
but, for me, the ones planted in the ground have always done
better (more Peppers per plant).
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850