Old 03-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Hank

Default Catching Frogs

I did say as a last resort and if you crush down or remove the barb
from the hook it does very little damage. (I know, I know. How would I
like a hook in my lip. Well I don't eat anything that will fit in my
mouth..... not since Atkins anyway.) All kidding aside ... that is how
we used to catch bullfrogs when we were kids for those in our families
that ate them. Here in New Jersey we used to get some big ones
......... probably something to do with "Super Fund Sites" or what or
who is buried in our marsh-lands.
As for the hawks. I have only seen the Sharpshined once,
but the Cooper frequents the tree near my bird feeders and tries to
pick off a meal now and then.
"Bennies" are what we affectionately call tourists in this
part of the Jersey shore. Further south they are called "Shoo-bees"
(the sound made when they encounter their first GREENHEAD fly attack)
or "Webs" (week end bas ......... well, illegitimate children)
Back to the frogs ......... I am not really that bad a person
but you have to remember I was raised with the Sopranos and will never
tell which goal post Jimmy Hoffa is buried under.

--
some photos of my little puddle
http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1

"Mary kate" wrote in message
HANK !!!!!! that's a terrible idea shaking my head in disbelief
Hey.. does the hawk visit your pond allot ? Also...I've got to
know..What's a Bennie ?