Old 03-07-2004, 03:04 AM
RichToyBox

Default Large Pond question...

My local importer of koi has three large mud ponds that would be about that
size. He rents space in them for koi enthusiasts to put their koi for the
summer to grow. They really grow on the bugs, tadpoles, and other food. He
has not filtration, but does have several airstones to keep the oxygen level
up. A google of Ray Abell will show you his setup, including the first mud
pond.
--
RichToyBox
"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
So, what does it take to have a pond like this

http://kizthiz.com/puddle.jpg

PS - nice pond BTW.

What I mean is, can you have Koi in this kind of environment, or do you
need to supplement it with filtration and aeration?

I guess it is a broad question... Sorry. Just trying to decide of this
is a type of pond that could easily be taken on on a 100 acre parcel I
have in mind...

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com