Old 03-07-2004, 03:04 AM
RichToyBox

Default Fishy behavior?

If they feel threatened by the existing fish, they could go into hiding for
quite a while. I have had babies stay in hiding for nearly a year. If they
went into hiding because of a predator, their memory is not that long, so
they will be back out within a week or so.
--
RichToyBox
"Goldlexus" wrote in message
We have one large 'resident' goldfish in our pond. We added 3 small koi,
3 small shumbkins (sp?) yesterday. All fish were swimming happliy all
day! Today, we can only see the resident goldfish! We do have rock all
along the sides where fish go, at this point I am assuming all the new
fish are hiding in the rocks, I hope. Is this normal? To play and swim
one day, go in hiding the next? If they are hiding how long will they

hide?
Thanks!!