Old 03-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Helene

Default Drowning houseplant - Thank you!

Hi madgardener,

Thank you for your kind post. As a matter of fact, I've been online
since 1995, but it's been a while since I checked any newsgroups. I
forgot about trolls and flamers. Even if Cereus-Validus was the
greatest expert on this earth, I killfiled him. Because it doesn't
matter how knowledgeable you are if you don't have a minimum of social
skills. Dry humour doesn't translate well on the net, especially when
talking to someone for the first time. That said, I probably shouldn't
have answered him, but like I said, it's been a while since I've been
to any newsgroups, and I forgot how useless answering to people like
that can be. I can only hope that he too will learn from this and just
shut up when he doesn't have anything nice to say.

Thanks for the book suggestion, I will check it out. I have a pretty
good book, but I left it at work, because it's where most of my plants
are. Therefore, I don't have the name of my big plant, I looked around
the net for an hour to find its name before posting, but I was
unsucessful. Maybe it's a scheflerra after all. I will check in my
book on Monday.

The only other plant I have at home is a pothos, and it's quite
beautiful. Oh, and I forgot to mention the cherry tomatoes I got a few
weeks ago. No red one as of yet, I live in Canada, and we didn't get
warm weather yet.

At work, I have several african violets, as well as an aphelandra, and
a staghorn fern. The fern is quite spectacular, although it's still
pretty young. I love looking at the new leaves growing, it's quite
amazing how this plant has two different types of leaves. La nature
fait bien les choses (nature does things well)

I wish I had a garden, but city living often doesn't allow it. So my
tomatoes are my only outdoor life at the moment.

I like hawortias too.

Have a good weekend too...

Helene in cold Canada