Old 03-07-2004, 04:02 AM

Default My brick arrives tomorrow...

Are you using all the same size pavers or do you have the different sizes

Yeah, we have the four different sizes. Twelve pallets of brick!
We're using what Unilock calls an "F" pattern. We considered random,
but I decided I didn't want to think that hard. :-)

Turns out we had the pattern memorized after about 6 times, so now
we're cranking. We (my wife and I) can lay down about 50 sq. ft. per
hour.

We will be done laying as much brick as possible tomorrow, because
we're waiting for the next load of gravel and sand.

It's nice that my father-in-law has a transit (first time I've played
with one of those) and a power tamper. Oh, plus a backhoe and dump
truck. :-)

Yeah, we wouldn't have tackled this if we didn't have a builder in the
family. He gets me started on each phase, then I take it from there.

So we're about 1/3rd done in just a few days! WooHoo!
Keep our eye on the prize: a shaded patio and (hopefully) a hot tub.