Old 03-07-2004, 11:02 AM
DaveH

Default Share your Garden's progress report!

My garden is modest this year. A 30' x 50' plot but only 2/3 full at
this point. I have:

16 caged and 10 staked tomato plants. German red, Reif Red, Pineapple,
Fantastic, various Brandywine strains, Anna Russian, Kotlas,
Delicious, Rutgers, Manalucie, Miracle Sweet, Orange Oxheart, Patio.

I grow pole beans on a large tomato cage. 5' dia, 8' tall. Blue Lake
this year. Cascade Giant is preferred, but not available from
Territorial this year. Fortex, Helda, Musica good in the past.

2 - Zucchini plants, also some basil and cilantro in pots.

That's it so far in zone 6. Modest. I used to grow corn, but the corn
available from local mennonites is superb so I no longer feel the need
to grow corn since it is rather labor intensive.

Everything is exploding from the ground so far. Spraying tomatoes with
Daconil--I've had massive blight problems. Amended soil with Espoma
Tomato-Tone, and feeding with Miracle-Gro tomato food. Prefer an
organic liquid, but M-Gro never fails.

Your Garden? Dave