Old 03-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Kay

Default Identifying plants

In article ,
writes

If I have an idea about a possible name I have a look on the MAVICA
site where they have photos and desciptions of over 4000 plants.
Not relevant really but in the last couple of years I have grown two
perennials from un-named seeds of the HPS. I liked them both very
much. When the first one was in flower I came across it in the
gardening section of the Sunday Times magazine it was
verbena bonariensis. The next one I spotted just as I walked into the
small garden centre I use; it is erysium helveticum. Great to get a
name. Diana

Garden centres can be great for plant identification. I've learnt a lot
just by wandering round ours and looking at the label of anything that
catches my eye. I went through several years of being interested only in
wild flowers, cacti and vegetables, so I had a lot of catching up to do
on the garden plants front!
--
Kay