Old 03-07-2004, 02:03 PM
ellkebe

Default Lawn Madness!

I would hate a garden without daises, dandelions and fairy rings. Plus,
a mixture of plants in a lawn attract many beneficial insects and help to
preserve bio diversity, a thing much undervalued in our gardens.
So, throw away the moss killer, weedkiller, lawn feed, roller and raise
the blades on your mower a few inches. Let nature back in and let your lawn
be part of nature, not apart from nature!

Les )

We moved into our house last summer, and I did my best to
keep the grass free of everything except grass, as I'd not had my own
lawn
before and got a bit 'seduced' by it!
This year, though, I didn't have the time during spring and early
summer.
I've now noticed that my 8 year old, when playing out back, is regularly
stopping -
with his nose to the grass - and asking questions about whatever plant
or insect
he's found. So no more 'pristine' lawn for me, and hopefully a fuller
appreciation of nature for him!
Ellkebe