Old 03-07-2004, 05:02 PM

Default applying Halts Crabgrass Preventer

On 3 Jul 2004 01:41:55 -0700, (Chet Hayes)
wrote:

It's just a waste putting down pre-emergent crabgrass control in CA at
this time of year. This works by preventing germination, which has
already occurred by now. To be effective, it needs to be put down in
early spring, about the time forsythias bloom is optimal.

I was told here in Pa, that there is a later germination period, late
summer early fall. When the crabgrass you already have(or the
nieghbors) drops seeds, and the temperature is suitable. With months
of protection, the preventor will carry him through this period.

I'm gunna have to check on this, I might be paranoid since being a
first time homeowner and reading too much into some products.

later,

tom

http://www.Intertainia.com ***********
Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com