Old 03-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Helene Helene is offline
Registered User

Default Drowning houseplant - Thank you!

Hi maddie,

You know, I'm 30, so maybe that explains the thin skin... but I'm working on it...

"You were being a bit persumptious there when you thought I was implying that
you were either a genius or lacked common sense."

You're right, sorry, I guess I was still on edge of being called stupid by a certain someone.

"I've done the same thing with the lava rocks that come in bags sold at
Lowes. And since it's lava rock, it's porous, and light weight, I never had
to remove it and water just went thru to the soil underneath. Great minds
think alike!"

Lava rocks, great idea. Mine are polished river rocks. But they are no longer on the soil.

"Almost killed the plant
with the urine....The lumps of love weren't as bad as the pee was due to the
high salt content and such."

There were 2 "trees" of Scheflera in the pot, and it's only when I noticed that one was dying that I started keeping an eye on it, and caught the cat "in action". She did manage to kill one. And the prettiest too!

"And you just said that it was still cold up there. Schiff's are
tropical, and when your spring and summer warm up, it's happy."

I didn't say it was still cold, just that we didn't have warm temperatures yet, warm as in "over 30C with 100% humidity, OMG I can't breathe" kinda warm. Yes, we do have that up here. So far, temperatures have been in the 22-27. And I'm talking celcius here.

"Morning sunlight is perfect for these plants"

I knew she loved it outside!

"I even have a 200 pound Cereus cactus"

Wow, do you have a picture of it posted somewhere on the net?

"You don't have to justify your actions."

Well, when someone tells me all I do is wrong in every area of my life, I find myself wanting to prove them wrong. But you're right, what do I have to prove? He doesn't even know me, so what should I care, right? I guess that's due to some youthful hope of mine that someone can be convinced that he's wrong.

"Cereus-Validus feeds on attacking newbies because most of the regular posters have learned to ignore his foul-mouthed, vitriolic attacks."

Then I shall starve him.

"Sure some of the newbies ask stupid questions that can be found elsewhere, but I don't think most of them realize this when they post a question."

Of course not, if not, they wouldn't post it... But everyone has to start somewhere, you know.

"I hope there was no harm or foul here with my interjecting my
thoughts."

No there wasn't.

I repotted my Scheflerra, and I was impressed to see that it didn't have as much roots as I thought it would. Only a couple of big ones.

I also had to tutored my tomatoes. The tomatoes are growing bigger, with no sign of turning red. Some of them are slightly bigger than a gof ball. Perhaps they need more sun... I will put them on my back balcony as soon as I can find the "L" hook to hold them up on the wall. Because I have street cats peeing on anything I leave out there. But not on my front balcony... no stairs...

Take care,

Helene