Old 03-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Pam Gibbs

Default WalMarts water lilies

Really DUMB question here!

Did they come in those tall narrow baskets that are sealed all the way
around and have a very small opening on the top? How do you open them to
get the plant out? I have two that I would like to put in larger
containers but I cant get those dern plastic things open.

Thanks!

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message
This spring I picked up about 1/2 a dozen of those $4.88 water lilies at
Wal-Mart. They were guaranteed to live and looked healthy enough,

although
small. Using the useless little pots they came in for smaller plants I

put
the WM lilies in large roomy pots of heavy clay soil and added some
rose-bush spikes. They're doing beautifully. One is a small miniature

less
than 2 ½' across with small orangey colored flowers that turn pink by the
3rd day. What a little beauty! :-) This little lily would be excellent
for whiskey barrel gardens.

The others are a pretty cupped white, a deep red and 2 reddish pinks

types.
If you have a limited budget these are worth checking out next spring.
--
Carol....
"Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic."